Monday, July 20, 2009

Tick, Tick, Tick...

Here we are...less than an hour away from our day of departure. Lots of last minute questions, frenzied packing and last minute Facebook status updates! :-) The excitement is building and it's fun to see.

As for me, I am always ambivalent on the eve of a great adventure. So much can happen in the next eight days. How will God lead us? What will we learn about ourselves? Am I up to the challenge of leading and guiding these young people in this?

And then, as I look back, I remember. I am certain that I have always learned more than I have taught, been ministered to more than being the minister, and watched God work far more wonderfully than any guidance I could give. And God has always used the students themselves as my teachers. We are, after all, each one children of God and our Father works through all of us to help each one grow.

So I am ambivalent yet excited. Nervous but expectant. The trust of parents humbles me. The commitment of adults who give up their time to go with us encourages me. The enthusiasm of the students empowers me. It will be a life-changing week...and maybe not just for the kids! :)

1 comment:

  1. I'm praying for you guys! Have an awesome trip! - Theresa K.

    ReplyDelete