Sunday, July 26, 2009

Worship, Water and Walking

by Maren Geesey

Waking up early is one thing but going to church with 38,000 other poeple and doing communoin is a whole different story. When we all went to church at the Superdome, I wasn't sure what to expect but once it started going it was actually very interesting. To start it off, the cross came out. It wasn't any other cross coming out; it was like a parade. THere were birds and umbrellas everywhere! After that (which seemed like forever because it was so long) it was a huge church service.

The one thing that blew my mind away was the communion. I was just trying to figure out how many people they had that were helping out. So that must of taken forever and one if I think the parade was long. Eventually it ended and afterwards there was singing and dancing. It was a pretty amazing sight, to be honest with ya.

Once everyone was done worshipping, we all went to the zoo. Now I think it was so funny when we weren't really doing activities outside all week but once we do go exploring, it rains. I'm not talking about sprinkles; I'm talking about raining gumballs! Now even though we had to get everything wet, we still had a blast. We got to see flamingos, white alligators, and everybody's favorite the orangutans. After we got all our souvenirs, we went back to the hotel on the streetcar.

Once we got back to the hotel, some people stayed at the hotel and some people went down to the French Quarter. We all had a great time doing our separate thing but now we all came together doing our daily discussion. I'm sitting, writing my blog and listening to our devotion.

Trying to contain everything that happened today is o hard but even though I might not get everything, I think I got the highlights. So good night for now and hopefully I'll be able to tell you more of our trip.

No comments:

Post a Comment